To read the statement from LCPS on equity, please click here.
The Minority Student Achievement Advisory Committee (MSAAC) is dedicated to work in partnership with the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS), parents and community to further the academic, social and cultural development of every student and to ensure that the needs of all minority students are met.
The Minority Student Achievement Advisory Committee (MSAAC) is tasked to:
- Advise the local school system of the educational and cultural needs of the minority student.
- Cultivate an equitable educational experience for all students that will positively impact achievement gaps.
- Submit periodic reports and recommendations on how to improve the minority students' educational experience
- Create a forum of safe and respectable communication between parents, teachers and administrators.
- Help parents and educators collectively understand the importance of nurturing a climate of cultural sensitivity in an academic/social environment that is increasing in diversity each year.
- Facilitate an environment where teachers and parents can recognize, honor and teach when differences exist.
MSAAC is comprise of one delegate from every school within Loudoun County Public Schools.
MSAAC is dedicated to further the academic, social and cultural development of every student and to ensure that the needs of all minority students are met.
MSAAC is committed to developing school cultures that create a learning environment where every minority student is afforded the opportunity to achieve their full potential and is recognized as an integral member of the student body.
MSAAC is striving to ensure that the LCPS community is culturally competent and provides fair and equitable instruction to all LCPS students.
Supporters of MSAAC also include parents, educators, administrators, business representatives and other interested community groups.
All meetings are held every third Wednesday of the month (unless otherwise noted) at 7:00 p.m. located in the LCPS Administration Building School Board Meeting Room (Rooms 102A and 102B). MSAAC welcomes all parents and students to attend and participate in the discussions.
For more information, please visit the MSAAC webpage at: www.loudoun.k12.va.us/Page/1494. All meeting minutes, agendas, presentations and meeting schedules are posted on the website.
Reach out to your 2019-2020 PTA Board
President, Carrie H - email@example.com
VP Events, Meredith - firstname.lastname@example.org
VP Fundraising, Michelle - email@example.com
Volunteer Coordinator, Kati - firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary, Kerry C - email@example.com
Treasurer, Mike - firstname.lastname@example.org