PTA EXECUTIVE BOARD - ROLES
President (Required Position)
- Overall Accountability
- Develop Budget/Goals in conjunction with Treasurer
- Plan Calendar for Year (w/PTA Executive Committee)
- Liaison with LRE Principal/Vice Principal
- Monthly PTA Newsletter/PTA E-Blasts
- Maintain PTA in good standing with VA State PTA and National PTA
- Abides & Upholds PTA Bylaws
- Run Monthly PTA/Executive Committee Meetings
VP – Events (1st VP)
- Events Calendar (Coordinate w/President & Exec Team)
- Facility Forms/Risk Management Forms
- Review/Sign Event Contracts
- Oversee PTA Supply Closet
- Coordinates with VP Fundraising on sponsorship fulfillment & recognition via social media/newsletters etc.
- Community Service Programs in conjunction with VP Fundraising
- Ensure all events follow health & safety guidelines per LC Health Department
- Social Media Updates/Event Reminders (Facebook; Twitter etc) w/Secretary
VP –– Fundraising (2nd VP)
- Spirit Nights (Supervise)
- Grocery Store/Amazon Relink Programs
- Box Tops for Education Programs
- Top Kick Parents Night Out
- Stone Ridge 5K for Education
- Spirit Wear Sales
- Back to School Kits
- Art to Remember Program
- PTA Donation Campaign
- Community Business Partners Wall
- Coordinates with VP Events on sponsorships fulfillment & recognition via social media/newsletters
- Logo Management
- PTA Meetings – Draft agendas, minutes, etc
- Ensures proper procedure during PTA meetings (i.e. Robert’s Rules)
- Manage/Update Website Membership Directory
- Approve Thursday Folder Information (Principal/PTA Pres) & Send to Copy Committee
- Social Media Updates (Facebook; Twitter etc.)
-Recruit/secure members (new and previous)
-Create an invitation for teachers to join and give incentives to teacher teams as the teams join
-Make/purchase ”I'm a PTA member” signs for staff members who join.
-Create a presentation and work with president to give the presentation at back to school nights/open house.
-Arrange with volunteer coordinator to work the tables at all open houses, back to school nights, etc.
-Put out signs/stickers for PTA meeting nights
-Create & implement membership incentives.
-Help plan membership price structure each year.
-Keep local and state database up to date.
-Hand out membership cards.
-Primary contact for PTA questions, comments, concerns and shall direct to appropriate people.
-Assist with invoices to state PTA orgs to our treasurer.
-Report to board/attend monthly PTA meetings with updated membership numbers.
-Utilize a committee as necessary
-Provide input for membership budget
- Recruit Committee Chairs/Event Coordinators
- After School Programs
- Recruit Event Staff
- Coordinate with Room Mom Liaison
- Draft/Update Volunteer Guidelines
- Communicate w/Volunteers re: expectations/event details/send thank you
- Work with School Principal for Volunteer needs for Staff Office/Picture Days & other school needs
Treasurer (Required Position)
- Manage/Update Financial Forms
- Process all invoices/deposits/withdrawals
- Prepares Cash Boxes for all events
- Budget Development with President/PTA Executive Committee
- Accounts for LRE Staff Reimbursements
- Monthly Budget Reconciliation
- Update/Manage Tax Exemption
- Files Taxes
If you have questions about the Little River PTA, please contact
Jen P, President at: firstname.lastname@example.org