What is SEAC? Click Here for more information.
Spanish version - click here.
To follow SEAC and their special events and to learn more - follow them on Facebook.
If you are attending a SEAC meeting and would like to make a comment, click here to learn the process.
News: Updated 11/7/19
- November 9 at 11am Sensory friendly relaxed performance of Peter Pan at Rock Ridge High school. Here is a link to the relaxed performance tickets. https://rrpa.booktix.com/
cart.php?action=show_pers&s how_id=30&show_sec=94185ed 6892ab365
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 7 PM – 9 PM Joint Presentation and Panel Discussion with MSACC You must register for this event to make sure there is enough room. Please click here to register.
Monday, December 2, 2019 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM Click here for information on an Informational Session
Loudoun Connect: Critical Decision Points for Families of Children with Special Needs
With Kelly Henderson, Ph.D.
Virginia regulations require that each school division establish and maintain a local Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) to advise the school division of issues impacting the education of students with disabilities (page 120 8VAC20-81-230-D). SEAC is a committee of parents, community agency representatives, school board members, administrators, and teachers. SEAC helps parents understand how to work with the school division and how special education can meet the needs of their child.
The purposes of the Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) are as follows:
- Advise the local school system of the needs in the education of children with disabilities.
- Assist the local school system in the development of long-range plans which will provide needed services for children with disabilities.
- Submit periodic reports and recommendations regarding the education of children with disabilities to the local school board.
- Review annually the school system’s updated special education plan and application for federal funding.
SEAC has focused on Research-Based Initiatives and Instructional Offerings for Students with Special Needs; Staff Development Opportunities for All Staff; Reading Approaches and Alternatives for Students with Special Needs.
SEAC continues to focus on the education for students who are Gifted and Talented as well as Special Education and on the impact of the No Child Left Behind regulations on providing services to students with disabilities.
SEAC meets monthly during the school year on the third Tuesday of each month from 7 pm to 9 pm (September – June, excluding December). Meetings are held at the LCPS Administration Building, 2100 Education Court, Ashburn, Virginia, Room 102. All meetings are open to the public: parents, educators, and the community. There is also a bi-annual Town Hall meeting
Need More Information? Click here for more information on SEAC.
Reach out to your 2019-2020 PTA Board
President, Carrie H - email@example.com
VP Events, Meredith - firstname.lastname@example.org
VP Fundraising, Michelle - email@example.com
Volunteer Coordinator, Kati - firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary, Kerry C - email@example.com
Treasurer, Mike - firstname.lastname@example.org